Umlani Bushcamp in Timbavati accommodates guests in traditional African reed and thatch huts as well as an Eco Rondavel, which all blend naturally with the environment and provide pure comfort.
All accommodation options have en-suite facilities including open-air bush showers for the ultimate stargazing experience. They also offer comfortable beds, crisp white linen, soft towels, mosquito netting, insect repellent and standard bathroom amenities. There is also complimentary bottled water, although the tap water is perfectly safe to drink.
Operating off the grid, each rondavel is discreetly lit by a combination of solar and oil lanterns.
The Umlani philosophy of simplistic luxury and 'getting back to nature' is enhanced by the romance of operating without electricity, so each hut and the entire camp is lit by candlelight and oil lamps, providing a warm and magical atmosphere.
Accommodation options include four double huts, five family units and one eco rondavel. This allows us to be flexible with friends and families who would like to share accommodation.
Facilities available to our guests at Umlani Bushcamp include:
- Traditional African boma/dining room serving award-winning meals
- Bush bar and deck overlooking a waterhole frequented by game
- Unique tree house 1.5 km away from camp for private bush sleep-outs
- Umlani Gift Shop for all your Umlani souvenirs
- Baby sitting and laundry can be arranged by camp management
- Complimentary airport transfers for the 3-night special
Contact us now to book at Umlani Bushcamp