Directions from JHB via Polokwane
- Head north on the N1 towards Polokwane
- Continue through Polokwane taking the R71 (Phalaborwa Road) towards Tzaneen.
- From Tzaneen follow road directions to Hoedspruit
- Travel 7 km from Hoedspruit and turn left towards Eastgate Airport
- Pass Airport and continue straight through the main gate (R230 vehicle entrance fee)
- Lookout for the Umlani sign on the left of the road - turn right and follow wooden signage to the camp.
Directions from Kruger National Park
• Please note that you would have to exit the park at ORPEN GATE. There are no public roads from within Kruger National Park to the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, only private/restricted roads so please do not try and use your GPS as it will take you on roads which are not accessible for guests or normal motor vehicles and will cause major delays in your travel time.
• EXIT PARK FROM ORPEN GATE: From Orpen boom gate you will drive pass the Orpen petrol station (the last petrol station on route to Umlani Bushcamp) You will also pass Orpen Reception, continue to drive along the tar road. Please note that you are now travelling within the Greater Kruger which is a big 5 area, so please do not exit your vehicle until you have reached the second boom gate.
• From the second boom gate drive 35 km to the T-junction. Turn right to the R40 towards Phalaborwa. Continue on this road for 2 km and then Turn right onto the R40 Phalaborwa / East Gate road.
• Continue on the R40 for 17 km. Turn right at the Timbavati / East Gate sign (You will go through the Guernsy access control point) continue on this road for 18 km until you come to the Timbavati Private Game Reserve Control Gate/ENKHULU Gate. (Please note that you will have to pay a vehicle entry fee of R230 Cash and Credit Cards accepted) Once you have entered through the boom gate you are inside the Timbavati Reserve which is a big 5 area, please do not exit your vehicle beyond this point until you have reached our camp.
• Follow the signs within the reserve to Umlani Bush camp. Kindly note the speed limit on the tar road is 50 kmph and on the dirt road to camp it's 35 kmph.